GLC Summit 2017
Paving the Way for the Digital Future
June 29 - 30, 2017 | Allianz-Forum, Pariser Platz 6, 10117 Berlin, Germany
From 28-30 June, 2017, the Leibniz Association hosted the GLC Summit in Berlin, Germany under the
motto „Paving the Way for a Digital Future.“ With a focus on academic insights and new technologies on digital learning, researchers, practitioners and experts from all over the world met at the Summit to exchange their ideas and experiences on digital learning along the entire education chain. The discussions and conversations covered early childhood and university education as well as continuing vocational education and informal educational contexts.
The conference was one of the first to discuss digital learning from a global perspective, considering various cross-cultural learning approaches and digitization strategies in different countries. The following questions, among others, were discussed at the conference:
- How can cultural differences be taken into account and different learning approaches be made
- What advantages and disadvantages do research-based step-by-step implementations versus
demand-oriented ad-hoc solutions provide?
- How can digitization of education be designed in such a way that users and providers can afford it?
- Which business models are needed to make education affordable?
- How can the quality and scalability of digital learning programs be kept in balance?
With the „Berlin Consensus“ the GLC presented a joint proposal for the global use and dissemination of digital learning concepts, forming the basis for the GLC’s work. You can read more about the chances and challenges of digital education here.